April 5, 2013

BAG OF NERVES?

It's almost time. It really is. Just two days to go before the GFH make the first event of the year and as pumped and excited as I am, the 'paintball nerves' have just kicked in yo. C'mon, you all know EXACTLY what I mean.

What is it with paintball nerves? I mean we aren't scared of getting shot, we aren't scared of winning or losing so why do we get those feelings before an event? Some say its just pure adrenalin, you brain is working overtime getting you all worked up and that chemical reaction has to do something to your body. Others say it IS to do with failure. No one wants to be the guy shot on the break every point, or the guy that's bunkered outta the snake or d-side, or the guy who didn't shoot anyone for five points straight. And this doubt has an effect on your body. Either way its your brain going crazy with scenarios and your body paying the price.

So as I sit on the train, about to start a busy day at work I'm already preparing myself for the odd moment of 'paintball nerves' throughout my Friday and I'll be honest...I LOVE IT!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Open fire!! Let us know what you think.